Your wedding day holds the promise of so much beauty and magic. Every moment has been planned, every detail considered. I love the romance and promise of this special day, and I offer a comprehensive beauty and make-up plan that will have you looking and feeling every bit as exquisite as the moment you fell in love.
But, I’m more than just a make-up artist. My bridal packages can include the skin care regime that starts weeks, if not months, before the wedding to get your skin looking its best. Remember your skin is the canvas for your makeup! This approach also makes for gorgeous photographs that show off your elegance and grace, with a timeless quality that will make you proud to treasure your photographs for years to come.
All too often, I meet women that are embarrassed or disappointed by how their make-up looked in their wedding photographs, their only memory of that beautiful day tainted by trends that have long since passed or makeup that just bad. For this reason, I take my time in getting to know the bride-to-be, what makes her truly beautiful, and how to bring this across using my products. When make-up is done properly, it can mask flaws and enhance features in a natural, striking way. Makeup that is applied incorrectly, can result in an artificial, heavy look that does not feel good or photograph well. I do not compromise on the quality of the makeup that I use. I insist on using only the very best professional makeup brands for each of my clients, based on their skin, their needs and the end result that we are working together to achieve.
I tend to stick to classic elegance and timeless beauty when it comes to bridal make-up, as this works best for wedding photographs that will be gorgeous for a lifetime.
Of course, there are more daring brides that want a look that incorporates current trends and stands out from the crowd! I’m happy to design and apply an appropriate look for those brides – a look that is both striking and gorgeous!
What to expect during your Bridal Makeup Trial :
- I get to know what your wedding feel is all about – colour and style of your dress, wedding colour scheme and your personality — that way between you and I, we work out a makeup look that suits both you and the overall feel you are wanting to achieve on your wedding day.
- We discuss your bridal retinue makeup – bridesmaids, mothers etc
- I apply the makeup as it would be on the wedding day and you get to see how fabulous you will be looking like on your special day!
My hottest bridal tips are:
- Start having regular facials three months before your wedding to ensure that your skin is in its best condition.
- To have a healthy bronze without the damage of the sun, consider a light, natural looking spray tan. Have a trial session well in advance to be sure that you’re happy with the colour. Then, take photographs of yourself in various lights (dusk, late afternoon, at night, with candle light, and so on) to see how it photographs.
- Condition your hands, nails and cuticles (using good cuticle oil) long before the wedding. Hands are often photographed with the new bling on your finger!
- Find the right hairdresser for the hairstyle that you are wanting and make sure you go for a trial hair-do.
- When choosing your dress, ensure that the colour of the dress (pure white, off white, ivory etc…) complements your skin tone.
- Exfoliate your lips regularly to avoid them being dry or flaky on your big day. Use a good moisturising lip balm.
- Drink plenty of water to hydrate your skin.
- Stay away from hair styles that date — if you want your photograph to look timeless – stick to classical hair styles.
- Plan your timing on the big day well. Make sure that you have allocated enough time for all of the professionals to work their magic on you and your bridal party – take some time to relax before you need to be ready. There is nothing worse than stressing that you won’t be done in time on your wedding day!